Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cracked: Cowboy Studio shoulder support

A TYPICAL EXAMPLE OF 'YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR'?
Upon opening my suitcase I noticed a part of my Cowboy Studio shoulder support was busted... I didn't even get a chance to use my new shoulder support before it broke, apparently cracking under pressure..? This is odd because we didn't take a plane, where our suitcases could have been banged around and 'excessive force' was exercised... I just took my suitcase out of the car a few times- it even was a Samsonite so it was not like the gear was unprotected!
I'll contact the seller and see what they have to say. I hope they have a professional response. I remember many years ago I bought a cheap wrench-set on a market in Amsterdam. The first time I used it to adjust my bicycle seat, the wrench broke in two clean pieces... I went back to the stand and the seller looked at the wrench, then at me and said: "Well, what did you expect for 5 euro's..?"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeroen
    Shame about the shoulder rig.
    I have that part, I dont use it with my setup,
    If you cant get a replacement,You can take mine.
    I will throw it in the car. When we do the DP4 Zacuto EVF shootout remind me to give it to you.

    I managed to find a couple of M42 SMC Takumar's
    The smc28mmF3.5 en a SMC50mm,F2 The 50mm is mega sharp, Was very surprised and for 20bucks in mint condition.

    Are you still is the US or back in Amsterdam?.

    grz Neal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may take you up on that offer, Neal! Cowboy Studios emailed me that I could return the entire support and they would ship me a new one (to my father in the US)- very considerate and professional! But if I can have yours I wouldn't have to ship it and it wouldn't sit here until I come and pick it up... maybe next year...
    Besides, if you never use that piece, maybe I wouldn't either..?
    Nice deal on the Takumar's!

    I'll be back in Amsterdam in a few days. The jibs should ship next week, I just got word. They apologized for the delay...

    see ya,

    Jeroen

    ReplyDelete