Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mailbox: Super Takumar 50mm 1.4

The Super Takumar 50mm 1.4: at the wrong end of the camera

An item I bought on eBay and had sent to my father in the US many months ago: the Super Takumar 50mm f1.4 It's a beautiful lens and I plan to show you what it can do in the next weeks during my travels in the USA. I need a 50mm lens like I need another hole in my head but this one cuts so well with the Panasonic Lumix 20mm 1.7, I couldn't pass it up.
This lens is in pristine condition, everything smooth and clean. For around $90,- you can pick up a real nice one on eBay right away but there are cheaper ones to be had. This is a good investment: this lens will retain its value.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jeroen
    What lens mount is that lens?

    gr

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's M42. Looking for one for your 5D?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep.

    Got the sigma EX 50mm 1.4 Its a monster 77mm filters
    Great focusing ring.
    But yeah I am keeping my eye's open for 1 of these with M42 mount.
    So if you see another 1 while your travelling,Bring him home I have it.

    gr neal

    ps; looking for a 35mm 1.4 aswell.

    ReplyDelete