Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Super Takumar test footage

I shot some video here in my father's place in Vero Beach, Florida using the Super Takumar 50mm 1.4 on my Panasonic GH2. I also used my SmallHD DP4 for the first time in the way I will most often use it- without being plugged in to the wall, battery-powered. (what a pleasure to work with, by the way!)
The footage was shot with available (evening) light, which was very little. I was wide open and had to up the ISO from 1600-2500. No grading. The image looks tacksharp and has great bokeh. I pulled focus -manually, on the lens(!)- from inch to inch and you can see how incredible a job it does with the twigs, coral and shells. In the last shot the focus moves from the couch and pillows and then closes in from twig to twig. (it looks like a lot of dissolves but it's 'straight footage')

The music is from a CD that was lying around here and it won't get me in trouble with copyrights: it's kind of a spoof made by my niece Frederique Masselink-van Rijn, who has moved on to becoming a rising star as a photographer.

Super Takumar test footage from Filmersblog on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment