Friday, August 19, 2011

Entering New York City - a timelapse

It was many years since I last visited New York and, like most people, have never driven a car into the city. How many people would?! It is madness to visit any metropole in the world by car- traffic is alien&hectic, parking spots are impossible to find and if you do find one... it costs the price of a motelroom for 2 in rural Georgia...
But I would have not wanted to miss the experience of driving into this place. Nothing makes you feel at home quicker than being cut off by other cars, being cursed at and fighting for your lane with cabbies, bike-messengers and bus-drivers. In my Jeep Grand Cherokee I felt like a modern-day Mad Max at the Tunderdome. Arrived at the hotel without a traffic jam or a scratch... Home!

Shot on a GH2 with a Lumix 20mm 1.7 pancake lens, in a Puma sneaker stuck on my dashboard.


Entering New York City - a timelapse from Filmersblog on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment