Monday, August 22, 2011

My latest camera: the GoPro HD (pricedrop)

SHEER LUCK OR DESTINY? A PARKING SPOT RIGHT IN FRONT OF B&H

It's all your fault. I felt obliged to post more videogear-related topics during this trip to the States and that's why I bought the GoPro HD on my way out of New York. Actually, I planned to just take a look at the B&H Superstore but when I walked around, I realized I was not going to leave this store without making a purchase. B&H has redefined the concept of a professional photo/video store. The complete choice of gear, the knowledge of the salespersons, the electric trolleys used to transport purchases to the cashregister: this is one smooth selling machine... (I am not in any way affiliated to B&H! I'm still waiting for an offer ;-)
So I was drooling over a line-up of camera's when a salesperson pulled out a GoPro HD to show a customer. It turned out this thing had just had a pricedrop from 299,- to 249,- I could not let it pass... After all, I found 110 dollars a few days earlier. Got an extra battery, a tripod mount and a handlebar-mount just to top it all off. Footage and review will follow later. Let's go shoot some action footage!

NEVER REALIZED THIS THING IS SO SMALL: HALF THE SIZE OF MY IPHONE

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeroen
    This gear obsession is getting out of control man.
    It never stops.
    Go pro HD should be cool, Mount it on your racefiets
    and ride it through Amsterdam as fast as you can.
    Looking forward to see that footage,
    Did you get the LCD display to mount on the back of it???
    We just filmed a girl bungy jumping of the pier at scheveningen with the go pro attached to her head, amazing shot ( She Sh-t herself very funny), Will send you a link when its on line,


    Still no news on the mini jibs????

    grz Soundmanneal Den haag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neal, ordered the LCD screen today. Haven't heard about the jibs. Will contact them today.

    Curious to se the bungy jump!

    ReplyDelete