Friday, July 22, 2011

Flycam: destructive style

I thought this would never happen to me and I have been so fortunate ever since I bought my first 'pro camera', a Sony PD 150 around 10 years ago; but now my Sony EX1-R smacked into the pavement, cracking the handle and opening up the electronics inside, exposing it to dust, moisture or worse...
First damage assessment: top record button doesn't function, LCD screen is off-level, viewfinder is cracked, zoom-controller kaputt.
On the positive side: I can still shoot video. Both the other record button and zoom lever function 100%...

The camera and bag flew out of a crate on my city bike when I hit a pothole in the road and basically got crushed under its own weight. (It didn't even occur to me I was insured against damages until a passerby asked me about it... I always bought insurance against theft but it's a complete gear insurance.)

Timing is not too great: I have a 2 camera shoot coming up in a few days. Maybe this is a Higher Force telling me to start shooting professionally with my Panasonic GH2?

CRACKED HANDLE


CRACKED HANDLE, RVERSE VIEW


CRACKED VIEWFINDER
CRACKED HANDLE, OTHER SIDE
 
MY BIKE WITH CRATE

No comments:

Post a Comment