Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Dream Come True

I have made possible 1,5 seconds of the production of Man-Child, a feature film to be made by Koo. He needed $115.000,- to make this film and yesterday it became clear that enough people chipped in on Kickstarter to make it happen. Wow. Congratulations! I believe 24 hours before the deadline he still needed $15.000,- and I never thought he was going to make it.
I have to give this guy a lot of respect. Things looked hopeless but up untill the last seconds Koo remained relentless in his drive to draw people into his dream. What focus and positivism can achieve... All his life he had been working towards this moment: investing, reading, writing, filming, blogging, giving, sowing. Waiting for that one moment to harvest.
A week or two before the deadline not even half the money was pledged. He started changing the reward levels- I thought it was a desperate move that could have an averse effect: people can be turned off when they're pushed and lured to obviously. But it worked.
The first time I increased my donation I got a Blu-ray DVD, the second time I officially owned the right rear wheel of his Volkswagen Jetta and at level three I was entitled to a full body massage by Koo's girlfriend Jasmine. Call it outrageous, call it obscene... but sometimes a man's gotta do what he's gotta do- to make his dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment