Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mailbox: is there a lens in this envelope?









I bought a 25mm f1.2 CCTV lens for 35 euro's and when I had to sign for an envelope, the last thing I thought was in there was a lens! This thing is so small and yet so light sensitive- how do they do that? It came with an adapter plus an adapter-for-the-adapter?! I tried mounting it with the two adapters but it wouldn't focus. When I just used the big adapter ring, it worked. The focus ring has no stop for infinity so you can just turn it around infinitely(!). On the aperture ring it just says 'open' and 'close' and there is a hard stop on both ends.
Vignetting is obvious when you open the lens up and disappears in crop mode on the GH2. I think for such a toy lens it produces nice images. Here's a few test shots I made. I'll try to post some night shots as well.



25mm 1.2 CCTV lens from Filmersblog on Vimeo.




C-mount to M43 Adapter plus an adapter for the adapter

25mm 1.2, 6mm 1.2, 50mm 1.4 (with FD to M43 adapter)


No comments:

Post a Comment