Thursday, July 21, 2011

Superb, free tutorials on Color Correction in FCP X

This appears to be the week of the freebies: free editing software, free FCP X tutorials and now some really great free Color Correction lessons for FCP X. Color Correction and Color Grading, I should say.
This colorist, Denver Riddle (great name!), has produced an 11 part video tutorial to correct and alter the look of your footage. I watched two so far and his videos are clean, concise and attractive. The fact that they are short also really works for me. Tutorials longer than 7-8 minutes make me feel drowzy and want to 'escape the classroom'... Call me superficial or lazy but I can't help it... Denver Riddle's approach is perfect for people like me. Take a look and judge for yourself.


05. FCP X Color Grading Tutorial: Setting Exposure from Color Grading Central on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment