Monday, October 10, 2011

What to do with my Canon HV20?

THE HV20 HAS MADE MANY 'INDIES' HAPPY!
The Canon HV20 camcorder was quite a little number in its heydays, packing features such as great picture quality, a choice of progressive video, HDV and DV shooting and the ability to control aperture/depth of field (albeit with a little workaround), HDMI out, external mic in, all for a very affordable pricetag. To be honest, I never really used it other than on full automatic. As B-roll to my Sony Z1 and later my EX1. Great for concerts and theater registrations; close-ups of keyboards or percussion...I've also taken it on vacation a few times: this camera takes a mean photograph as well! (on a micro-sd card, I used a 1GB)
But I haven't used the camera for over a year. And I only have one mini-DV tape left. Should I buy new tape or convert definitively to tapeless acquisition?
Since then I have bought a few other camera's that can serve as point-of-view cams. I can use my Panasonic GH2 for B-roll to my EX-1R. I guess the time has come to say goodbye to my HV20. (less than 80 hours of operation!) But only if the price is right: bidding may start underneath this article in the Comment Section!

THE CANON HV20: SMALL PACKAGE, GREAT PICTURE

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeroen
    for the money you get for it secondhand,Its not worth selling. If I was you I would give it to 1 of the kids.
    Or the wife to film the kid's with.hahaha.
    Its still a great little holiday cam,easy to use, great quality.fast focus.
    I use my HV30 as a behind the scenes cam, very happy with it.

    grz Neal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... I guess I'll go buy some more tape...

    ReplyDelete