Monday, January 16, 2012

Mailbox: Canon FD 28mm 2.8

30 some years old and like new...
 I really like my Canon FD 50mm 1.4 prime lens and decided I'm going to build a collection of FD primes. I mean, they're not getting cheaper and lenses are a good investment. Both as gear and in case you want to sell it, it retains its value- or better, make you a little money. The first addition to my 50mm is a 28mm 2.8 s.c. (special coating). I got it for 33 euro's on a Dutch website for Used Stuff.
I bought it from an old guy and he took great care with the packaging: a shoebox filled with paper and bubble plastic. The lens was in it's original leather case with a little handwritten label on it and included the original front and rear cap. Focus is really smooth, aperture ring clicks like new, lens is impeccable! Isn't it great when people take good care of their stuff?

original case and lenscap included

No comments:

Post a Comment