Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The 8,- Steadistick

STEADISTICK & GOPRO: A PERFECT MATCH
This is a very neat little device that won't set you back a week's pay but adds some fun & unusual functionality to your kit. It's a tripod, is it an antenna? No, it's a steadistick! A very simple tool that people apparently use to photograph themselves.
Why did I buy this? Well, I was kind of disappointed with the way my GoPro helmet-footage looked when I went skiing last month: jittery, choppy images nothing like some of the real steady stuff I had shot with it from the hood of a car or mounted to a toy speedboat for instance...
Then I saw some snowboard footage where people mounted their GoPro to a stick of some sort and someone also mentioned that that was the way to go. I started a search and found a telescopic mounting device for small camera's for 20 euro's. A quick search on eBay and I found the exact same thing for $8,- shipped from China.
It's nothing fancy and I don't know how long it lasts but it's a lot of fun and can get you some real unusual perspectives and steady footage. Try following your dog without this 'monopod' and it will look like crap. Biking or walking footage? Couldn't get these shots without it.(at least not by yourself...)
The best part about it is that it folds up so small it fits in your inside pocket, even with a small camera attached! You can't beat portability on this one. 'The Steadistick- you won't leave home without one'.





1/4 HOLE FOR ATTACHING TO QUICK RELEASE PLATE
ADJUSTABLE HEAD WORKS FINE WITH SMALLER CAMERA'S
8 INCHES FOLDED, TO 44 INCHES EXTENDED (20 TO 110 CM)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeroen
    Have you stopped with the blog, Its been quiet on here for a while.

    grz `neal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neal- I wanted to do a few movies for the blog and that takes more time than I have at the moment (not sorry to say ;-)
    I promise to better my life...

    ReplyDelete